Another (disproportionately) thrilling announcement: I’ve officially earned my first dollar for the album! A whole $3.45, to be exact. It’s not profit, and in fact to break even just on recording costs, I’ll need to earn another $1378.55. (Oof.) But that's another post in itself, and it'll probably go up once I've decided whether or not to Kickstart this baby.
Other updates thus far:
- I’ve chosen a company to produce the physical CDs and packaging, and I've started designing the album cover and liner notes.
- I’ve upgraded this site to the entry-level paid version, which gives me a few more eCommerce options, among other things (in preparation for the no doubt massive hordes of fans just waiting to storm the gates when the album goes on sale)
- The page for my 2008 release Homage is up and running, complete with history, album art/liner notes, and a NoiseTrade widget so you can stream five of the 8 tracks. Consider leaving a tip if you’d like to support my music and the website. (And thank you to the folks who have already left one!)
- I ventured into that wretched hive of scum and villainy, Twitter. Tweet @ me, tweeters.
I've also started researching digital distributors. Symphonic looks cool. They'll also distribute physical copies if you provide them. But I'm going to experiment with independent distribution for now, to wit -- an extremely non-exhaustive to-do list:
- Create iTunes account for ease of digital purchase
- Same with Amazon/CreateSpace
I'm pretty sure #3 has something to do with flinging download cards at random strangers like confetti.
I have another studio session coming up this weekend, which I can only hope is as productive as the last one.
Also, last night I had a highly enjoyable jam session with some folks from work, which was the perfect opportunity to field-test the Marshall AS50D with an SM58 I picked up last week. It was more than adequate for bedroom-level blues rock (even a slightly jazzified -- but no less loud -- cover of the White Stripes' "Seven Nation Army").
The Vibro Champ XD was glorious, as always, especially with the fresh tube. Toasty!